If only I looked this good when stressed.
Or, maybe not.
I'm bummed it's been so long since my last post.
And just when I was starting to really hit a blogging grove. Ugh.
Here are my top 10 excuses ('cause you really want to know-- I can tell):
1. I was in St. Louis and Kansas City the first week of April running the St. Louis Marathon and spending some wonderful time with my siblings. Alone.
2. I stress-fractured my foot while running the St. Louis Marathon and have been learning to embrace my space boot these last 3 ½ weeks.
3. We’ve been elbow deep in an entire landscaping makeover since February. It reached critical mass, the end of April.
4. I took a 6-week, on-line writing class to refine my writing skills and force me into deadlines. It worked.
5. I’ve also been working on a couple travel articles for a regional magazine. Deadline was end of April, beginning of May.
6. School, school, school—and June is staring me in the face.
7. I have a daughter now. Who knew??
8. Reading for my book clubs (kids and ladies) has been taking over normal blogging time--not sure why now, all the sudden.
9. Our family tripped down to Atlanta last weekend to watch the Braves v. Cardinals game. Though still slightly cranky with St. Louis for “breaking” my foot, I managed to cheer for our home team (yes, I refuse to take responsibility)
**Note: The trip to “Hotlanta” was because of MY writing gig— an article about baseball 3 ways (Fayetteville, Durham, Atlanta). This is the first time in Team Dragovich history in which the work related trip was mine, not Superman’s. Yes, I am incredibly proud of this and do not mind bragging.
10. Have I mentioned I have a daughter?
Well... so it goes.
For the record; I don't begrudge the woman in the picture. I just think she may be as detached as another cake woman I've heard of-- "Let them eat cake!"
Grace and Peace,