Monday, March 17, 2008

Dumb sayings....

Well, only one dumb saying comes to mind right now; you know the one, "no news is good news"... Just ask anyone adopting a child-- that is a really dumb saying, isn't it?? I say it all the time, especially when my husband doesn't call and tell me when he gets to a destination which is far away or in a dangerous location, or when he is driving tired (like post-call), etc... meanwhile, I'm fighting off all these scary thoughts of him in a ditch, against a guard rail, off a cliff-- wait, no cliffs where we live-- but you get the idea. But now, I'm not saying that dumb saying anymore, and I'm CERTAINLY not thinking it!! Hmmm, if I am impatient waiting for forms to come in now-- how painful will it be when we are waiting for a referral??? Yikes! I better get a grip!

This weekend did afford some opportunities to clean and organize our garage and we actually took advantage of the opportunity! We didn't make any huge changes, but just re-worked what we have. Then, when we were done, Tony and I "kept working" on the garage... aka... hid from the boys!! Isn't that bad?? They were driving us batty this weekend-- bless their lil' hearts!! (see, I'm catchin' the lingo of the South!) I don't know if it was trying to come down off the soccer game highs, or obsession over playing with friends, or the impending tornado warnings and severe thunderstorm warnings that had them all in a tizzy-- probably a combination. Whatever it was, it carried over to yesterday, and Tony and I hid again on the front porch (that's not really hiding, but it is purposefully not being in the house :)). Hiding is sort of fun-- we had some good-- okay, NECESSARY-- conversations. But I think we need to come up with some better strategies than hiding... we are running out of spots and it certainly isn't helping their disposition any :D!

Before I wrap this up... I don't even know who reads our blog faithfully-- I know not too many and that's okay, it's still new and I talk a lot :)-- but for those of you who do keep up with us-- I would covet your prayers as we navigate a couple things concerning our adoption. First, we are getting into a season of financial crunch-- we knew it would get ugly before it got better, with trying to fit adoption costs into our current budget... not an easy thing to do. I struggle every day to trust that it will all work out; not to mention letting go of the things I see not getting taken care of, which take money to get taken care of!! (getting the boys' rooms furniture and feeling more "permenant", getting the kids' room ready--knowing how to even get it ready would help!, having TIME to be creative on a VERY tight budget, etc)
Second, we are trying hard to navigate the whole "sibling groups only" rule that AWAA has regarding adopting 2 children at one time. This was one of our NECESSARY conversations. It HAS crossed my mind that when it is finally our turn and the referral for the sibling group comes to us-- it COULD be for TWO BOYS!!!! And this isn't the only thing I am grappling with... but I won't bore you with all those :)

I was VERY encouraged by a blogging friend's post about God bringing all things full circle. Click here to read her story. I guess I just want to know, that when it all comes down; Tony and I will be able to hear God clearly, be free from our selfish desires and have the kind of FAITH that can answer, "Your will be done; here on earth-- in our family's life-- as it is in heaven!"

Grace and Peace,
Shari

4 comments:

Susan said...

Hey! I read your blog! :-D I will pray for you child request decision.

Love, Susan

jill coen said...

I read too! You will know what the Lord wants you to do...your hearts will be in agreement. We went through the same decision making process and ended up hearing and following. OK, I'm going now...

jill coen said...

It's me again...you have been TAGGED! See my blog for instructions. :)

Apryl said...

Shari,
We went through the same struggles, but didn't have to deal with the "sibs only" rule. Looking back, I feel like we put so much pressure on ourselves trying to figure it out. We needed to see that God could get it all straightened out no matter how we messed it up. I will pray for you as you look for His guidance!
apryl
btw, I'm totally coveting you living in NC! What I wouldn't give for some good southern weather...