Monday, April 14, 2008

Nothing to blog about

So why even blog? Maybe if I blog, it will SEEM like something is happening, even though it's not. Not that life isn't happening here at Team Dragovich headquarters-- plenty of life is happening here every day!! Even more life than I care for, some times-- and that's saying a lot! In fact, because we have had so much "life" lately, I decided to skip soccer practices and stay home for one whole day without going ANYWHERE!!! Now that felt weird-- but not for long. I was happy to not suck the money out of my pocketbook and into my van and I think my van was happy, too!

But, what doesn't seem to be happening is movement forward with adoption. We are still stuck on those two pieces of paper. The homestudy report and our I-171H form (immigration)-- which is waiting for the homestudy report. We have seen the draft and it has been sent to our coordinator, but I haven't seen a copy in my mailbox or gotten any confirmation that it has been sent to USCIS so they can finish their piece and get us our form. I read on another family's blog that our coordinator is getting ready to go to Ethiopia for a month beginning on Friday-- YIKES!! That is great, but I hope she finishes reviewing our report before then! And I guess if I need anything, I can contact the other coordinator at our agency??? I was REALLY hoping to have our Dossier to Ethiopia by the end of April. Okay... let me be frank here, I thought we would have it done before now. But that is not how it is working and based on watching the many families who have gone before us... I better just count this as practice :D!!

I have to say, that when I start to get anxious about how long this paperchase is taking and whether or not we have been forgotten (that sounds silly, doesn't it?), I hear the whisper of the One who knows all, sees all and directs all things... He quietly speaks, "Keep your eyes fixed on Me, Shari. Delight in Me and I will give you the desires of your heart". My head is up, Lord!! Don't let me trip!

Grace and Peace,
Shari

3 comments:

tisha said...

It's hard when it feels like things aren't moving forward. At times I felt like we would never get our dossier finished, but thanks to God's great grace and help, we did and I know you will too! I pray it will not take much longer. :)
Tisha

Sherry said...

I feel your pain! Know that you are not walking this alone! Waiting is soooo hard!!! We live in a society so full of instant gratification, that it is counter-cultural for us to have to wait. I know the Lord is pruning my branches, so that the one that bears patience will be stronger and more fruitful! Praying that the Lord will give you much grace and peace in the wait. Let us continue to encourage one another!

Sherry Semlow :)

Andrea and Peter Kidd said...

I am praying for you. This is truly the preparation for what lies ahead and it is ALL worth it. Your head sounds like it is the perfect spot, sometimes our hearts take a little longer and that's o.k. As long as you know you trust in Him which you do, He's got you covered, and allow yourself to feel deeply the tough times, He put them there for a purpose too.

Andrea